Dacarli’s tried and tested DIY tips to clean your Diamond Jewelry at Home
Sometimes the jeweler might even do it for free. But a jeweler will follow a different process than you will.
1.They have specialized equipment for cleaning these items. They have little tightly woven mesh baskets to insert your jewelry into.
2. After that they will most likely immerse the basket with the jewelry into a jewelry ultrasonic cleaning tank, which is filled with a special jewelry “detergent”. This can be helpful OR harmful to the jewelry. The ultrasonic cleaner sends powerful vibrations through the liquid with the purpose of dislodging dirt and grime that has accumulated on them. That is what happens. That is normal.
But many times, little diamonds will get dislodged, as a result of the ultrasonic vibrations. They may fall out and they can be retrieved from the little mesh basket. That is time consuming, especially if the diamonds are tiny.
If some diamonds do fall out, and that frequently will happen, the jewelry with stones now has a problem. Little diamonds have to be found that need to be reset. This can be costly to do. That is why many jewelers will offer to do a good cleaning for free, because they know that it will lead to work for them. Not all jewelers, but some are aware of the risk and potential for stones falling out.
Everybody wants to wear clean earrings of course. They will be bright and shiny after cleaning. No fuss. Try at Home with our DIY Tips.
1. First consider that you will need a bowl of warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush. That’s all you need to care for your earrings.
2. Dunk the jewelry into the warm soapy water for about one half of an hour. Soak them for around a half hour.
3. After doing this for one half hour or so, swish them around in the warm soapy water. Drain the water out, refill the bowl and repeat. dunking, one more time, while simultaneously and repeatedly.
“brushing” them top and bottom with the little toothbrush. That will loosen the dirt. Your items will be cleaned without the threat of needlessly dislodging diamonds from your jewelry. Now rinse once again.
4. An important concern here is that when cleaning delicate earrings that swing and have motion is because they are made with multiple little joints. Some elaborate earrings contain dozens of delicate joints. Cleaning them roughly can break the joints apart, and that will have to be repaired by a skilled jeweler.
5. An important concern here is that when cleaning delicate earrings that swing and have motion is because they are made with multiple little joints. Some elaborate earrings contain dozens of delicate joints. Cleaning them roughly can break the joints apart, and that will have to be repaired by a skilled jeweler.